|Home||The Blog||Living + Giving||Sheridan Rd TV||Style + Beauty||Design||In Sheridan Rd|
Sheridan Road prepares you for your Fourth of July festivities with a must-have list of picnic essentials. Whether you're planning to be in the confines of your own backyard or watching the fireworks on the beach, celebrate right this year!
1. Powerful and portable, this lightweight, compact gas grill is the ideal companion for cooking up some burgers and brats this weekend. Weber Q 100 Gas Grill, $139.99, available at Target, 2099 Skokie Valley Road in Highland Park, 847-266-8022, target.com.
2. Snuggle up on this foldable, heavy-duty couch while watching the fireworks over the lake. REI Camp Couch, $79.50, available at REI, 888 Willow Road in Northbrook, 847-480-1938, rei.com.
3. This basket comes jam-packed with supplies to make your picnic perfect: a fleece picnic blanket, an insulated flask and four thermal mugs, an insulated cooler and wine duffel, four wine glasses, four sets of silverware, four porcelain plates, and much more! Wicker Picnic Basket, $249.95, available at Williams-Sonoma, 1866 Second Street in Highland Park, 847-681-9615, williams-sonoma.com.
4. A quirky, hand-painted tri-bowl serving set that will be sure to make the kids smile. BBQ Condiment Serving Set, $34.95, available at Pier 1 imports, 9701 North Skokie Blvd in Skokie, 847-679-8419, pier1.com.
5. Serve up your favorite salad in this contemporary set that's ideally durable for outdoor eating. Acrylic Salad Bowl with Servers, $14.95, available at Crate & Barrel, 1775 Lake Cook Road in Northbrook, 847-272-8920, crateandbarrel.com.
6. With a rechargeable battery pack, you can count on this frozen drink maker to provide you with your favorite cool concoction at any outside venue. Margaritaville Explorer Cordless Frozen Concoction Maker, $199.98, available at Williams-Sonoma, 1866 Second Street in Highland Park, 847-681-9615, williams-sonoma.com.
7. These handy in-ground stakes will steadily hold your wine bottle and glasses. Steady Stick Wine Bottle Holder/Glass Holders, $9.95 each, available at Crate & Barrel, 1775 Lake Cook Road in Northbrook, 847-272-8920, crateandbarrel.com.
8. This round, tempered glass cutting board comes with a well-designed rubberwood swivel base that neatly stores four serving tools. Picnic Plus Davos Cheese Board Set, $29.99, available at Dick’s Sporting Goods, 1900 Tower Drive in Glenview, 847-730-7400, dickssportinggoods.com.
9. A sophisticated version of the traditional plastic cooler, this cooler does a phenomenal job of keeping wine and beverages cold on even the hottest evening. Wood Outdoor Cooler, $99.99, available at World Market, 145 Skokie Boulevard in Northbrook, 847-509-1800, worldmarket.com.
10. Ever wonder where everyone got those cute tables at Ravinia? Well, here's your answer: the easily rollable table-in-a-bag from Crate & Barrel. Table in a Bag/Picnic Chair, $39.95 - $49.95, available at Crate & Barrel, 1775 Lake Cook Road in Northbrook, 847-272-8920, crateandbarrel.com.
11. Insulated and on wheels, this patriotic red trolley can hold all your picnic essentials with a 40-pound maximum capacity. Rolling Trolley, $49.95, available at Crate & Barrel, 1775 Lake Cook Road in Northbrook, 847-272-8920, crateandbarrel.com.